The Golf Club
COVID-19 Update - 20 March 2020
The Board held an emergency meeting yesterday to review and enhance the precautions that the Club are taking to offer as much protection as possible from the COVID-19 virus to all members, staff and visitors.
We would like to stress that it is the intention of the Club to keep the golf course open so that we can all reap the benefits of fresh air, exercise and, of course, golf.
These are clearly unprecedented times and as you will know from the daily briefings from the government the situation is incredibly fluid – all of which adds to the difficulties we are all facing. As far as golf is concerned the UK’s Chief Scientist (Sir Patrick Vallance) has confirmed that it is ‘OK’ to continue playing golf. However, he stressed that this is provided that we maintain the recommended 2 metres distance apart.
In light of all of this we will, wherever possible, follow our industry guidelines and we are taking the following actions:
· If you are suffering from a dry, persistent cough and/or a high temperature follow the government advice and self-isolate for seven days
· If someone else in your household has these symptoms self-isolate for fourteen days
· If returning from foreign travel isolate as advised
· Maintain social distancing of 2 metres
Clubhouse and Catering
· The Clubhouse will close after today (20th March) until 30th April. This will be reviewed on a regular, on-going basis during this period
· The toilet facilities in the locker rooms will remain open but the shower facilities are closed. Please only enter the locker room if needing to use the toilet facilities.
· Do not use the locker rooms for changing – change your shoes in the car park
· Golf clubs/equipment stored in the Men’s Locker room (and needed) must be removed by Sunday 29th March
· The cabin at the 12th will remain open as normal Maureen has implemented a detailed action plan which is available on the website with copies on the 11th tee and at the cabin
The memo on the 17th March identified some actions on the course – in addition the following has been implemented:
· Removed Putting green flags; Divot bags; Ball washers; Shoe cleaning machines
· Use your gloved hand to remove your ball from the hole if possible
· Buggies: (When allowed) rental buggies unavailable; single seat buggies allowed; Personal 2-seater buggies available for single occupancy only
· Rental trolleys will be sanitised after each use
· Our greens staff will, as far as is practicable, follow the advice contained in the BIGGA Coronavirus Advice.
· Open as normal
· Only 2 customers in the shop at any one time
· This pandemic will affect us all in one way or another, for a significant amount of time. We are a members’ club and it is of the utmost importance that we attempt to support all our members during this crisis.
· If any member is suffering undue financial hardship caused by the outbreak of COVID-19, please contact either the Club Chairman or the Club Manager directly to see what, if anything, we can do to help.
· It is our intention to attempt to run as many of our competitions as possible
· Further information and the process involved for entries, scoring etc. will be published in the next few days by the appropriate sub-committee
· There will be no prize presentations until further notice