A limited number of memberships are currently available across all categories. Please contact the General Manager for further information.
Rothley Park Golf Club Local Rules 2017
1. Out of Bounds (Rule 27-1)
- Beyond any fence, hedge or line of white stakes defining the boundary of the course
- The car park and practice ground
- The paved areas around the clubhouse
2. Water Hazards & Lateral Water Hazards (Rule 26)
- All ponds and ditches on the course are water hazards
- Where yellow stakes are used they define the margin of a water hazard
- Stakes used to identify and define the margins of lateral water hazards are red
- Bridges, retaining walls, culverts and artificial linings within a water hazard are immovable obstructions
3. Obstructions (Rule 24)
- Stones in bunkers are movable obstructions (Rule 24-1)
- All artificially made up roads and paths
- The road crossing the 11th hole and behind the 12th green
- The internal fence and adjoining bridle road anywhere on the course may be treated as a single obstruction with regard Rule 24-2
- Staked or banded trees. Relief MUST be taken under Rule 24-2.
- The double green of the 4th & 13th holes shall be considered as one green. Rule 16, 17 & Etiquette.
- For the purposes of Rule 25-3 (Wrong putting green) the putting green of the 12th hole includes the apron surrounding the green.
5. Ground Under Repair (Rule 25)
- GUR is identified with white or blue lines and/or blue stakes.
- Ruts or deep indentations made by green keeping machinery may be treated as GUR
6. Penalty for Breach of Local Rules
- Match Play – loss of hole Stroke Play – 2 strokes
- Subsequent offence Rule 14-3 Disqualification
- Always consider the enjoyment of other golfers
- Keep up with the group ahead. If you lose a complete hole, call through the match behind
- Play without delay
- Be ready to play when it is your shot
- Leave your bag at the exit from the green
- Mark your card when waiting for others to tee off at the next hole
- Allow others to play through before commencing a ball search, not after 5 minutes
- To save time play another ball provisionally if necessary and allowed (Rule 27-2)
- Rake bunkers after playing from them AND as allowed under rule 13-4 Exception 2
- Rakes should be left outside bunkers
- Repair all divots and pitch marks, even if they are not your own. Rules 13 & 16
- Use divot bags when provided
- The pace of play guidelines at RPGC (Rule 6-7) are:
|Single ball||2:30 hours|
|Two balls||3:10 hours|
|Three balls||3:30 hours|
|Four balls||3:50 hours|
If there is a risk of lightning golfers must discontinue play in accordance with Rule 6-8.
Course information and temporary local rules
Course toilet is located behind the 12th tee
Drinking Fountain is by the 12th tee
Course Marker Discs are on the fairways at 100/150/200 yards, measured to the centre of the green
Flags on the greens mark the following positions, Front – red, Centre – yellow, Back – white
LOCAL RULES IN ADDITION TO THOSE ON THE SCORE CARD
Please click on link below for current Temporary Local Rules.
Around Rothley Golf Club
A top quality course, peaceful surroundings and unrivalled practice facilities, are just some of the special elements that make up Rothley Park Golf Club.
Visitors are always assured of a warm welcome to the Club by all at Rothley Park.
Junior group lessons are available for children aged 7+ most Saturday afternoons between the end of April and the beginning of October.
Come and enjoy our quiet fairways