Rothley Park Golf Club Local Rules 2017
1. Out of Bounds (Rule 27-1)
- Beyond any fence, hedge or line of white stakes defining the boundary of the course
- The car park and practice ground
- The paved areas around the clubhouse
2. Water Hazards & Lateral Water Hazards (Rule 26)
- All ponds and ditches on the course are water hazards
- Where yellow stakes are used they define the margin of a water hazard
- Stakes used to identify and define the margins of lateral water hazards are red
- Bridges, retaining walls, culverts and artificial linings within a water hazard are immovable obstructions
3. Obstructions (Rule 24)
- Stones in bunkers are movable obstructions (Rule 24-1)
- All artificially made up roads and paths
- The road crossing the 11th hole and behind the 12th green
- The internal fence and adjoining bridle road anywhere on the course may be treated as a single obstruction with regard Rule 24-2
- Staked or banded trees. Relief MUST be taken under Rule 24-2.
- The double green of the 4th & 13th holes shall be considered as one green. Rule 16, 17 & Etiquette.
- For the purposes of Rule 25-3 (Wrong putting green) the putting green of the 12th hole includes the apron surrounding the green.
5. Ground Under Repair (Rule 25)
- GUR is identified with white or blue lines and/or blue stakes.
- Ruts or deep indentations made by green keeping machinery may be treated as GUR
6. Penalty for Breach of Local Rules
- Match Play – loss of hole Stroke Play – 2 strokes
- Subsequent offence Rule 14-3 Disqualification
- Always consider the enjoyment of other golfers
- Keep up with the group ahead. If you lose a complete hole, call through the match behind
- Play without delay
- Be ready to play when it is your shot
- Leave your bag at the exit from the green
- Mark your card when waiting for others to tee off at the next hole
- Allow others to play through before commencing a ball search, not after 5 minutes
- To save time play another ball provisionally if necessary and allowed (Rule 27-2)
- Rake bunkers after playing from them AND as allowed under rule 13-4 Exception 2
- Rakes should be left outside bunkers
- Repair all divots and pitch marks, even if they are not your own. Rules 13 & 16
- Use divot bags when provided
- The pace of play guidelines at RPGC (Rule 6-7) are:
|Single ball||2:30 hours|
|Two balls||3:10 hours|
|Three balls||3:30 hours|
|Four balls||3:50 hours|
If there is a risk of lightning golfers must discontinue play in accordance with Rule 6-8.
Course information and temporary local rules
Course toilet is located behind the 12th tee
Drinking Fountain is by the 12th tee
Course Marker Discs are on the fairways at 100/150/200 yards, measured to the centre of the green
Flags on the greens mark the following positions, Front – red, Centre – yellow, Back – white
LOCAL RULES IN ADDITION TO THOSE ON THE SCORE CARD
Please click on link below for current Temporary Local Rules.